Sunday, December 6, 2009

Content & Idea Development I

After squeezing my brain for weeks, I finally came out with this idea. Instead of using cubes, I will use objects to represent each dreams.

I have decided to focus on only 4 types of dreams which is nightmare, daydream, recurring dream and lucid dream.

nightmare - mask (mysterious, scary)
daydream - 1,000 000 000 (happy)
recurring dream - clock
(if u have read my previous post on types of dreams, u would know what this dream is. I use clock to represent this dream because the clock tickles everyday and the 3 needles repeat after the number 12 continuously without coming to an end)
lucid dream - origami paper
(in lucid dream, you can control your own dreams, just like a piece of paper, you can fold into anything you desire.

In my previous post, I proposed that 'a combination of more than 1 cube will create different visuals on screen.' Now that I am using the 4 objects to represent each dream, a combination of 2 objects means a combination of 2 dreams, which is weird.
So I decided to add 3 more objects for more interactions, and at the same time, it will achieves my 3 objectives.

Objectives:
- to show that dreams are connected with our reality. What we face in reality will affect the
content of our dreams.
- to explore dreams
- to have fun with dreams

flower - life
bulb - sunlight
bottle - water

In order for the flower to live and grow, sunlight and water is a necessity. These 3 objects represent life (which is our reality).
So, a combination of 1 dream and any of these 3 objects will create a different visual on screen.













"Dreams are metaphorical translations of waking expectations." - http://why-we-dream.com/thetheory.htm

Conclusion:
It's all about metaphor-dreams is about symbol and symbol is metaphor. My purpose is to let the audience think, explore and have fun. Whichever combination of objects they choose will cause different visual(dreams) to appear on screen.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha, the recurring dream is very special, it can even be in episods, where the dreamer will be able to contimue the dream.

    ReplyDelete